Each month I write articles that are published on other sites, which is a large reason why I don’t write so much on this blog. It looks like I only got one blog post here in December, but had at least 7 more articles published. I write most weeks on TVP strategy, this writing is fun as there is minimal editorial control of the content, I write about what interests me.
- I’m really like policy based management, it is a crucial part of managing Enterprise IT at any large scale. There is a risk of policy sprawl, so I think that less choice is the key to policy based management.
- As I’ve been working more with containers I have been thinking more about the how and what of container-based development and microservices. I looked at the rate of business change as a driver for microservices in November and in December I looked at some of the consequences of micro service development.
- I had the pleasure of attending a lot of Tech Field Day events in 2016 and saw a [pattern amongst some of the presentations, flash and cloud as the future of storage.
- The other direction that I’ve been lead is management and monitoring tools, I think that these tools could be better for operations staff, particularly if they focussed more on helping me do my job.
Over on TechTarget the content is more controlled. I work with TechTarget editors to agree topics. Most of my editors are happy if I go somewhere a little different with topics, so I still get some control.
- I wrote a little about VMware’s vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC) and the value add componets that VMware has included. There is some more VIC materials to come too. Earlier I also wrote about VMware’s other container product, thePhoton platform.
- I had some predictions too, being that time of year. One set was around converged and hyperconverged.
- Another article, this one on Search Virtual Desktop, was all about operating a VDI environment on top of VMware’s vSAN.
© 2017, Alastair. All rights reserved.